* Allen, Kieran. The Politics of James Connolly. London: Pluto Press, 1990.
Anderson, W. K. (William Keys). James Connolly and the Irish Left. Dublin, 1994.
Bambury, Chris. Ireland's Permanent Revolution. London: Bookmarks, 1986.
* Bell, Tom. The Struggle of the Unemployed in Belfast, Oct. 1932. Cork, Ireland: The Cork Workers' Club, no date.
Bowyer Bell, J. The Secret Army: The IRA 1916-1979. Dublin: Poolbeg Press Ltd, 1989.
Boyd, Andrew. The Rise of the Irish Trade Unions.
Boyle, John William. The Irish Labor Movement in the Nineteenth Century. Washington, D.C., 1988
* Burns, Elinor. British Imperialism in Ireland.
Cahill, Liam. Forgotten Revolution, Limerick Soviet 1919.
Clarkson, Jesse Dunsmore. Labour and Nationalism in Ireland. New York: Columbia University Press, 1925.
Connolly, James. Labour and Easter Week; a Selection from the Writings of James Connolly. Dublin, 1949.
Connolly, James. Labour in Irish History Dublin, 1910.
Connolly, James Labor, nationality and religion. Dublin.
Connolly, James The new evangel. Dublin, 1898
Connolly, James. Socialism and Nationalism.
Connolly, James. Socialism Made Easy.
Connolly, James. The Workers' Republic. Dublin, Ireland, 1898.
* Connolly, James. Workshop Talks. Cork, Ireland: The Cork Workers' Club, no date.
* Connolly, James and D. DeLeon. Connolly/DeLeon Controversy on Wages, Marriage and the Church.
* Connolly, James, and William Walker. The Connolly - Walker Controversy On Socialist Unity in Ireland. Cork, Ireland: The Cork Workers' Club, no date.
Cronin, Sean. Irish Nationalism: A Study of Its Roots and Ideology. New York: Continuum, 1980.
Cronin, Sean. Young Connolly. Dublin: Repsol, 1977.
Cummins, Ian. Marx, Engels and National Movements. London: Croom Helm, 1980.
Davis, Horace Bancroft. Nationalism and Socialism. New York: Monthly Review Press, 1978.
Ellis, P. Berresford, ed. James Connolly: Selected Writings. New York: Monthly Review Press, 1973.
Fennell, Desmond. Heresy: The Battle of Ideas in Modern Ireland. Blackstaff Press, 1993.
Foley, Conor. Legion of the Rearguard: the IRA and the Modern Irish State. London, 1992.
Fox, Richard Michael. The History of the Irish Citizen Army. Dublin: Duffy, 1943.
* Gilmore, George. The Irish Republican Congress. Cork, Ireland: The Cork Workers' Club, 1978.
Gilmore, George. Labour and the Republican Movement. Dublin: Republican Publications, 1966.
* Gilmore, George. The Relevance of James Connolly in Ireland To-day.
Greaves, C. Desmond. The ITGWU: The Formative Years. Dublin: Gill & Macmillan, 1982.
Greaves, C. Desmond. The Life and Times of James Connolly. New York, 1971.
Greaves, C. Desmond. Liam Mellows and the Irish Revolution. London, 1971.
* Haverty, Anne. Constance Markievicz: Irish Revolutionary. London: Pandora, 1988.
Henry, Robert Mitchell. The Evolution of Sinn Fein. Dublin, 1920.
Howell, D. A Lost Left: Three Studies in Socialism and Nationalism. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 1986.
Jones, Francis P. History of the Sinn Fein movement and the Irish rebellion of 1916. New York, 1917.
Keogh, D. The Rise of the Working Class: The Dublin Trade Union Movement and Labour Leadership 1890-1914. Belfast: Appletree Press, 1982.
Kostick, Conor. Revolution in Ireland: Popular Militancy 1917-1923. London: Pluto Press, 1997.
* Lawlor, Sheila. Britain & Ireland, 1914-23.
* Leslie, John. The Irish Question 1894: The Land League, The Church, and the Working Class. Cork, Ireland: The Cork Workers' Club, 1986.
Lysaght, R. O'Connor, ed. The Communists and the Irish Revolution.
MacAonghusa, Proinsias. What Connolly Said. Dublin: New Island, 1995.
Mac an Bheatha, Proinsias. James Connolly and the Worker's Republic. Baile Atha Cliath: Foilseachain Naisiunta Teoranta, 1981.
* MacDonnell, J. M. The Story of Irish Labour.
Mahon, D. Republicans and Imperialists: Anglo-Irish Relations in the 1930s. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1984.
McInerney, Michael. Peadar O'Donnell: Irish Social Rebel. Dublin, O'Brien Press, 1974.
Metscher, Priscilla. Republicanism and Socialism in Ireland : a Study in the Relationship of Politics and Ideology from the United Irishmen to James Connolly. Frankfurt am Main, 1986.
Milotte, Mike. Communism in Modern Ireland : the Pursuit of the Workers' Republic since 1916. Dublin, Ireland, 1984.
Mitchell, Arthur. Labour in Irish Politics. Dublin: Irish University Press, 1985.
Morgan, Austen. James Connolly : a Political Biography. Manchester , England, 1988.
Morgan, Austen and Bob Purdie, eds. Ireland, Divided Nation, Divided Class. London: Inklinks, 1980.
Munck, Ronaldo. The Difficult Dialogue: Marxism and nationalism. London, 1986.
Munck, Ronaldo. Ireland: Nation, State and Class Struggle. Boulder, 1985
Nevin, D. Connolly Bibliography. Dublin: Irish Congress of Trade Unions, 1968.
* No author. Irish Labour and its International Relations in the era of the Second International & the Bolshevik Revolution. Cork, Ireland: The Cork Workers' Club, no date.
No author. Sinn Fein Rebellion handbook, Easter, 1916 : a complete and connected narrative of the rising. Dublin, 1917
O'Brien, Nora Connolly. The Irish rebellion of 1916, or The unbroken tradition. New York, 1919.
O'Brien, Nora Connolly. Born of a Rebel Father. Dublin 1935.
* O'Casey, Sean. The Story of the Irish Citizen Army. London: The Journeyman Press, 1980.
O'Connor, Emmet. A Labour History of Ireland, 1824-1960. Dublin, 1992.
O'Connor, E. Syndicalism in Ireland, 1917-1923. Cork: Cork University Press, 1988.
O'Hegarty, Patrick Sarsfield. The Victory of Sinn Fein : How it Won It, and How it Used It. Dublin, 1924
O'Hegarty, Patrick Sarsfield. Sinn Fein, an illumination. Dublin and London, 1919.
O'Riordan, Michael. The Connolly Column. Dublin: New Books, 1979.
Patterson, Henry. The Politics of Illusion: Republicanism and Socialism in Modern Ireland. London: Hutchison Radius, 1989.
Ransom, Bernard. Connolly's Marxism. London: Pluto Press, 1980.
Reeve, Carl. James Connolly and the United States: the Road to the 1916 Irish Rebellion. Atlantic Highlands, N.J., 1978.
Robbins, F. Under the Starry Plough. Dublin: Academy Press, 1977.
Rumpf, E. (Erhard). Nationalism and Socialism in Twentieth-Century Ireland. New York, 1977.
Ryan, Desmond. James Connolly, His Life, Work & Writings. Dublin, 1924.
* Schuller, G. James Connolly & Irish Freedom: A Marxist Analysis. Cork, Ireland: The Cork Workers' Club, 1986.
Thompson, William Irwin. The Imagination of an Insurrection, Dublin, Easter, 1916; A Study of an Ideological Movement. New York, 1967.
Walsh, Pat. Irish Republicanism and Socialism: the Politics of the Republican Movement, 1905 to 1994. Belfast, 1994.
Williams, D. (ed). The Irish Struggle 1916-1926. London: Routledge, 1966.